Job description for Closed Captioning and Transcription services:
Captioning is the process of converting the audio content of a television broadcast, webcast, film, video, CD-ROM, DVD, live event, or other productions into text and displaying the text on a screen or monitor.
Captions not only display words as the textual equivalent of spoken dialogue or narration, but they also include speaker identification, sound effects, and music description.
Anyone who enjoys watching English movies, TV shows, documentaries, and understands different accents, and can put the speech in words.
Skill set required:
- Good typing skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Net surfing and research skills.
- Proficient in English grammar and vocabulary.
- Able to understand different accents. US English, in particular.
- Convert the audio into text format.
- Create captions / subtitles for broadcast purposes.
- Follow the guidelines given by the client for documenting the conversation.
- Maintain quality and turn-around time.